History of this device
Delete items one at a time
- In the Web & App Activity section of "Activity controls, " tap Manage Activity. You may be asked to sign in to your Google Account.
- Check the box next to the item you want to delete. You can delete an entire day of items by checking the box next to a date.
- At the top of the page, tap Delete.
Delete all of your history
- In the top right corner, select More Delete options > Advanced.
- Tap Select Date > All Time > Delete > Delete.
Tip: If you want to delete your recent searches under the search box, touch and hold the search you want to delete > OK. The search will be deleted from the Google app and your Web & App Activity.iPhone & iPad
Any searches that you do while using the Google app are stored on your iPhone or iPad (device history), and also in your Web & App Activity.Delete recent searches from your device
When you're searching in the Google app, you may see your recent searches appear as suggestions below the search box. You can delete these searches right from the search box.
- Open the Google app .
- Tap the search box that appears when you open the app.
- Swipe the search you want to remove to the left.
- Tap Delete.
Note: Any searches you've deleted from below the search box will be deleted from your iPhone or iPad device history, but a copy of the searches stays in your Web & App Activity.Delete all past searches on your device
- Select View search history.
- In the top right corner, tap Clear all > Clear on-device history.
Note: Any searches you've deleted from the Google app will be deleted from your iPhone or iPad device history, but a copy of the searches stays in your Web & App Activity.Stop saving searches on your device
- In the top left corner, tap your photo or email address.
- Select Privacy > Browsing.
- Turn off "On-device history." When On-device history is off, new searches you do won't be saved to your device and the pages you visit won't be saved to your Recents.
Any searches you've deleted from the Google app will be deleted from your iPhone or iPad device history, but there will still be a copy of the searches in your Web & App Activity. Follow the instructions below to remove the searches from your Web & App Activity.
- At the top of the page, select Delete.
- Choose Select Date > All Time > Delete > Delete.
Note: If you want to delete items from a specific date, tap the calendar at the top of the page to find the date you want.
Prevent future searches from being saved
- Turn off "Your searches and browsing activity."
Tip: If you occasionally want to prevent your searches from being saved, you can browse the Internet in private. (Don't sign in to your Google Account in the private window.)
- Chrome: Learn how to use incognito mode.
- Other browsers: Check your browser's help instructions to see whether it has a similar private browsing mode.
Problems deleting past searchesDeleted searches still show in Account Activity report
Sometimes searches you delete from your History page will still be visible for a short time on your Google Dashboard.Deleted searches still show on Web & App Activity page
Note: If you delete searches from one device, you may still see them in your Web & App Activity on another device if that device isn't connected to the Internet. The searches are removed after that device connects to the Internet.
What happens to deleted searches & browsing activity
When you delete items from your Web & App Activity, they are no longer associated with your Google Account. However, Google may store activity separately to prevent spam and abuse and to improve our services.