Clearing YouTube Watch history
Clear your YouTube history is no herculean task – you can clear YouTube history in just four easy steps if need be. Your YouTube history can reveal a lot about you and your search behavior. You obviously don’t want your little ones or your colleagues to stumble upon some of the stuff you’ve searched for before.
In order to leave no trace of the videos you’ve viewed previously, be sure to remove your search history as well as your videos watched history. Here is a step-by-step guide that you can follow to cover your tracks and clear YouTube history from any computer in a matter of minutes.
Sign In To YouTube
First of all, you must log in to your YouTube account using your Google account information. Simply click on the top right button that says ‘Sign in’ and enter your username and password. This will redirect you to the YouTube homepage instantly.
Open the Guide Menu
- Once you’re present on the YouTube homepage, click on the horizontal bars on the top left just beside the YouTube logo to open the guide menu.
- The guide menu icon features three grey bars – upon clicking, you’ll find an exhaustive list of options to choose from on the left side of the homepage.
Another option is to directly remove YouTube history is to visit and jump to the ‘delete all’ step right away.
Find the History Option
- From the list of options that appear on your screen when you click open the ‘Guide menu’, find your way to the history option denoted by a grey colored hourglass.
- You will then find a list of all the videos that you have watched previously on YouTube with the most recent videos at the beginning of the list.
- Click on the ‘Clear watch history’ option to delete the entire watch history.
- However, if you want to selectively delete a couple of videos, manually delete each video by clicking on the three grey dots that appear on the extreme right of the screen and click ‘remove from watch history’.