Online Timer tools
This is a prototype of a Flash-based time-tracking tool. It's based on my Emergent Time Tracking PDF worksheet; I got tired of fooling around with my kitchen-timer, and wanted a tool that was a bit more convenient to keep running. For instructions and a bit more background on the design of this app, read The Emergent Task Timer Online post on my blog.
This is a work-in-progress that I'm putting out there to get early feedback. Although it doesn't yet communicate with a server, it'll allow you to track tasks and print them out.a$
- 2010-0105 - The Source Code is now available at (PPC version, in stuffed HQX) projectors.
- 2006-0719X - recompiled for FlashPlayer 7 to support linux users, but reports have come in that the "time bar" no longer advances. I just rolled back to the last version, which requires FlashPlayer 8. is now separate, so I can test this version independently.
- 2006-0717X - adds 'set alarmloop', 'restart' commands. Also adds a new bubble type (the /). There are still saving bugs because the event model has a weakness in it that needs to be refactored out. The immediate goal first, though, is to get network saving to work. Read notes.
- 2006-0701X - related to 0630X: I broke saving for unselected lines; should be fixed now (need to revisit event logic at some point).
- 2006-0630X - Jonathan Frome submitted a reproduceable bug in saving line items. If you create just a bunch of text entries without clicking on any bubbles, then change the timebase, data is lost. Fix now properly saves data after every unselection event occurs.
FEATURES in RELEASE 0626X
- set alarmURL command allows setting of different MP3 Alarm sound. You need to upload an MP3 file to an accessible web server and provide a URL. The setting is saved. See console help for more commands (type help in command line).
- Some tweaks to make sure cursor is always visible on the screen.